Thread: 240 General: - New (to me) 1980 Volvo 244
View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2020, 16:16   #1133
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
The rubber hose with the kit is 10mm bore Alan to fit the 10mm stubs on the cooler. Do you have a brake pipe flaring kit? You could make swages in the steel pipe, one near the end to serve as a hose barb and the other about 3/4" along to serve as a stop for the hose.
On the basis that Jubilee clips are ~10mm wide, the clip would sit almost perfectly between the two swages that way.

Failing that, make hose tails from the 10mm hose in the kit to fit on the cooler then reduce to 8mm bore with the reducers and a couple of lengths of 8mm rubber hose.

There are other reducers (metal) available but the plastic ones are good for 140C so should be fine on the ATF cooler circuit. Mine runs at about 80-85C after a long, hot hard run on a hot day so is certainly ok for the 827 and i suspect if you have a look at the other products in the same nature from the same seller, there might be some with 8mm hose stubs so the reducers wouldn't be necessary.
No, I don't have a flaring kit. I'll give it some thought and come up with a scheme to connect the pipes.

I like this idea, it will suit the RB well.

Stay safe,

Alan
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post: