Thread: D4 or D5?
View Single Post
Old Dec 3rd, 2017, 20:21   #1
Dingle232

Default D4 or D5?

Hi

After a couple of years away with a Skoda Yeti I am looking to buy another Volvo. I previously had a V40 D4 (new) and thought that was a really impressive engine but that car was just a bit too small.

This time I was looking at either a V60 or an XC60 but I am priced out of the latter unfortunately as it would have been my preference from a space and ride height point of view.

I had a quick sit in the V60 today and it seems like a nice car but the other dilemma I have is whether to go for the D4 (again, the new one) or the D5 which of course has been a mainstay for quite some time.

The MPG on the D5 scares me a bit so I'd welcome views as to how good/bad it really is. The D5 I have seen has a lot of options on it and has been a really well looked after car - the D4 is still a nice car but without some of the toys.

Sorry if this has been done to death before but I'd welcome views/opinions and a steer on which is the best one to go for. I plan to keep it between 3 and 5 years and do an annual mileage of around 15 - 18k.

Thanks in advance.
Dingle232 is offline   Reply With Quote