Thread: 262 General: - V6 not starting
View Single Post
Old Dec 11th, 2020, 23:08   #8
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1978 View Post
Many thanks again Dave, I'll get back to the car next week and try the pressure pump hammer trick and a ATF. I contacted a company who cleans the injectors, however he does think that the injectors may not benefit from a clean as they have been sitting in the car unused and without fuel since 1998 that they may well have corrosion in side and even if they get them free of debris there would be a chance that the seats will be pitted and with the cost of cleaning, new injectors would be a better bet. We will check first though what you are suggesting just to make sure.
The thing to do then is try what i suggested, see if you can get them flowing and if tapping the main pump underneath gets it going and restores fuel pressure and if so, do they leak when the engine is switched off? If they leak then yes, you'll have to go for new injectors but if it's just a bit of dirt causing it, that should clear in time. Leaky injectors will cause hot start problems though so you may have to give it the hot start method when it is hot.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: