View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2018, 05:42   #12729
canis
Non Fragile

The contrast between the 1600 and the T4 couldn't have been starker today. So much dirt, it was like waterfalls of dry dust falling from the car at every poke of a spanner. The fact that it was dry suprised me. Slightly concerned about some rust too.

The plan was to remove the suspension from the 1600 and install it directly to the T4. I would remove the nuts from the top of the strut, the bolt the control arm, and the 19mm bolt from the front end of the large hub-carrying chicken-drumstick shaped thing. (Yep, descriptions are unimproving)

Well, that sounds simple enough. Large bolts, so just go into neanderthal mode. Except it means taking out the bloody interior, which is a feckin nuisance at any time due to horrendously bad design. It also means breaking into the hyraulic lines, so I'll do that last and first. And the confounded ABS, with it's puny wire sandwitched between thin metal tongues almost as sharp as razor blades. Oh, and the T4 still has it's plastic cover on the underside, so that'll need to be removed - except that the plastic pin refuses to budge so the peg can't be withdrawn, except one which was only hanging on by rust and broke free ... oh joy!

I wish I could have the underneath of the 1600 with the T4 on the top of it.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote