Thread: 240 General: - Torslanda Stripes
View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2019, 18:08   #4
capt jack
VOC Member

I owned a white 1992 Torslanda many years ago. The stripes and badging were vinyl stick-ons, and so I guess could be quite easily removed. The wheels were specific to the model. Also, there was no external chrome - everything was black.

Interior-wise, the seat fabric was a very basic but very serviceable nylon, the backs of the front seats were vinyl-covered. The headrests were covered in a soft-feel plastic, and were the "open" type with no fabric pad or covering.

The car had manual windows and mirrors, the somewhat gutless 2 litre engine and a manual five-speed gearbox.

I did enjoy the car - the original owner had been a retired vicar, and when I bought the car it was in immaculate order and with a very low mileage.

For me the things it really lacked were electric windows, and after having owned B230-engined cars before this, the engine wasn't powerful enough.

The slightly odd thing about the O/P's car is the colour. Not 100% sure and I may be wrong, but I thought that Torslandas were only available in solid red, white or blue?

Jack

Nope, just double-checked - Torslandas were offered in silver too!

Jack

Last edited by capt jack; May 27th, 2019 at 18:13.
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post: