Thread: 240 General: - Torslanda Stripes
View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2019, 22:53   #6
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifford Pope View Post
Were Torslandas the only 240 option available in 1993?
My Torslanda was a K-reg registered in August 92. I also had a J-reg 240SE estate, which would have been a late 91 or early 92 - I have a feeling it was registered in July 92. This had the 2.3 litre engine and an automatic gearbox. The upholstery was a very rich dark blue plush velour, and the car had electric windows all round, heated electric mirrors, and velour headrest pads.

It had been fitted with after-market roof rails, and I remember having terrible trouble in stopping water leaking into the car through the rather inadequate bolt holes that had been drilled through the roof panel. The car hadn't been as well looked-after as the Torslanda, but it drove a whole site better with the bigger engine and auto box. I can't remember now if it was a 3 or 4 speed box, but it defintiely had an overdrive switch on the side of the gear selector.

If I could have had the engine, gearbox and interior of the SE and the clean body work of the Torslanda I reckon I'd have had the perfect 240!

Happy days though, and I must admit, if I could find a 240 at the right price I'd have one tomorrow! I still kick myself for not buying a beautiful white 240 which was for sale at just £500 perhaps 12 or 15 years ago. It was a very unusual car in that it was originally Swiss-registered but RHD. I remember it had beige leather and possibly air-con I think. An object lesson in regretting the things we don't do!

Jack

Last edited by capt jack; May 28th, 2019 at 23:03.
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote