View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2020, 09:36   #8
totalguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pashabg View Post
As far as I know, the dash speakers is powered by the head unit. That would mean that in case you don't have external amp, the factory head unit's internal amp would be 5 channel. I personally don't know any aftermarket head unit, that has 5 channel internal amp. So I don't think you would be able to power all speakers in the car using aftermarket head unit. I personally prefer the sound from my HU850, when using 3 channel mode (dash speaker off). I find ProLogic mode (which uses the dash speaker) useful when the windows are down or on high speed, when is noisier in the car. Of course, you could use aftermarket 5 channel amp, but that would mean to run the speaker wires from the amp to the dash, behind the head unit. Important question is - what is the factory size of the mid bass cut outs in your door panel? I have heard info that they are for 6.5 inch and for 8 inch. Not sure which one is true for your car. If it is 6.5, I would go for component set of speakers and 5 channel aftermarket amp, powering the components in active mode and sub or 3 channel, powering the components in passive mode and the sub. If they are 8 inch, then you could just skip the sub and go with just components and 2 or 4 channel amp, depending on the mode.
my old after market unit operated the centre speaker, as you say the head unit poweers it so it is in the green connector then? just case of getting wiring pin out then. i found some for the stereo end but not for the car side the stereo has a couple not connected.

they are 6.5 inch speakers in the doors i think 8 in the shelf and i think 8 again in the dash. i dont really want to run an amp f or all the speakers i just want to get the dash one going again qas to me it sounded better with it
totalguy is offline   Reply With Quote