View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 00:30   #6
Lucien
VOC Member

I remember the 264 TEs from when they were new as I occasionally used to get a ride to school in a pale metallic blue one in 1978 when my father worked for Volvo Concessionaires Ltd.

These were awesome cars in their day, and very luxurious. In 1978 it was a real boon to have air conditioning. Leather wasn't really as popular then and 'plush' seemed to be the way to go for luxury upholstery; and that interior was very nice. Small touches like padded headrests and headrests and an arm rest for the rear seats were real marks of luxury. It's interesting how times have changed and how cars of today have things like central locking, power steering, electric mirrors, electric windows and a/c as standard fit.

I always thought it was a pity the second row of seats faced forward. I guess the mpg would be particularly bad with that engine and the additional body weight.

It seems quite a collection of limos as well as P1800s is for sale and they all seem to have Volvo Owners Club badges on the grills so clearly the owner was an enthusiast and a VOC member. Does anyone remember these cars?

I hope someone here buys them and gets them back on the road!

Regards
Lucien.
Lucien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucien For This Useful Post: