View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 16:41   #10
mikealder
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWAC View Post
i assume the amp is in the same place
If it has an amp it should be under the drivers seat, motor your seat fully back or fully forwards and look under the seat, you should be able to see a bunch of grey twisted pair cables that come out from the amp. If your car doesn't have the amp the speaker wires will come out directly from the head unit, post back whether it's got an amp or not and I can post up the wiring information for you to follow. Also has your car got the centre speaker or not?

Quote:
one question, how did you know what speakers cables go to what speakers within the vehicle harness? do you have a amp plug pinout?
I have the wiring diagrams so working out which pin does what is quite easy, rather than referring to the diagrams in the car I simply created a "crib sheet" that makes sense to me which I followed to work out which cable needed to be connected to what.

Quote:
also where did you connect the power feed to?
I tagged the permanent 12V feed off the back of the stereo head unit, the switched 12V was also connected to the back of the head unit, to get the wires up under the centre console isn't too easy but if you send a self retracting steel ruler down from behind the head unit it will emerge from the area where the centre console side trim was removed, simply tape the wires to the rule then pull it back out and it will draw the wires up to where they can be connected.

Are you intending to fit an iO_play_2 kit like the one in the original post in this thread or something else? - Mike
mikealder is offline   Reply With Quote