View Single Post
Old Oct 16th, 2018, 00:18   #22
Nicholas Lewin
newish member

A tentative update...

How I have managed to bleed air out of the system so many times I do not know for sure. I do have some suspicions tho'. Read-on...

Turns out that the replacement servo fitted as part of the saga had its adjustable operating pin adjusted quite a long way out; when you slackened-off the m/c from the servo, the pin pushed the m/c away. In other words the pin was applying pressure on the m/c all the time

I think that meant that the brakes have been binding slightly all the time and that explains why after a shortish journey, the brakes began to bind and squeal (and possibly also heat the brake fluid)

Pin now slacked-off (maybe a little too much) so there is now a little (1/2") slack in the brake pedal. I am using quite a lot of brake travel for a given brake demand, but the brakes are even and would pass an MOT

So I am going to put some miles on the old girl and when the MOT comes round in Jan, a job to do at that time will be to readjust the operating pin and remove some (but not all) of the brake pedal slack

So here's a question: does anyone on the forum know what the factory setting for the servo pin should be?

As ever thanks for all your help and concerns

Nick
Nicholas Lewin is offline   Reply With Quote