View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2018, 10:12   #26
Nicholas Lewin
newish member

In brief...

I spent about 4 hours with my new best friend for ever garage (as u put it Mr R), bleeding, road testing and looking at the M/C and servo so I was actively involved in what was going on - deliberately

I think that me going back to previous garages and saying that the brakes are too soft with too much travel has resulted in any amount of adjustment and fiddling to resolve the problem - so much so that all factory settings have been long-since overridden

I am putting some miles on the old girl and the brakes have quite a bit of travel and are quite noisy - especially once warm. I will persevere and maybe when the annual service/MOT are done in January, I may replace discs/pads with OEM kit to eliminate the noise. At the same time, we will readjust the servo operating pin to take up some of the initial brake pedal movement, but not so much as to be always pushing on the back of the M/C

The bleeding has, I think been a red-herring. What I need to see is what the brakes are like after a few 100/1000 miles...
Nicholas Lewin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicholas Lewin For This Useful Post: