Thread: C70: - ETM issues
View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2018, 20:42   #1
marky77

Default ETM issues

Hi, fairly new member here looking for some advice on saving my recently purchased C70. The model is the 2.3 T5 turbo 2000 year, the car is in great condition with 70k on the clock with fsh and plenty of main dealer reciepts to prove milage. I have a throttle body issue with the ETS light where the car will sometimes run rough, go into limp mode, the idle will hunt up and down and surge under load.

My model has the Marelli 9186793 / 65CFM2 throttle body and shows muliple faults on the OBD11.

So first question would be does anyone have one in working condition from my exact model that would not rquire any software upload etc?

Is there a fairly standard mod to overcome the software issue that is reasonably priced? I have seen the e-bay solid state mods, do these require new software once fitted to my current ETM?

My local main dealer wants to diagnose, replace with a remanufactured part, reload software etc for approx £500 all in. This seems a tad high especcially when the ETMs acrooss platforms from the era all seem defective?

Any guidance on this is most appreciated, regards mark
marky77 is offline   Reply With Quote