View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2017, 07:31   #16

Default Symes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symes
Hi,
saw your post about replacing the cartridge in your xc70 after suspecting failed oil seals.
the symptoms are similar to my xc D5, but the dpf also gets blocked frequently and I'm about to order a melett chra to hopefully quench the thirst for a litre of oil every 100 miles or so!

i have vida wwhich is great if you inteend to keep the car for any length of time, aand also keep a bsr ppc reader in the boot storage - if you're down hampshire/berkshire way i'd be happy to stick your car on it/them.

just wondered if your new turbo core has sorted out your oil consumption situation?

as a new member you may nkt be able to private message until your post count reaches 30, if thats the case could you update your thread with oil consumption findings please?

thanks,

simon
Hi and thanks for your message. My car was using a similar amount of oil to yours. I'm not certain yet as I haven't covered many miles but early indications are good. My oil consumption was so bad that a new dpf had been fitted prior to my purchase, and in my time the throttle control failed, had about 15mm carbon/oil sludge on it that was affecting performance. Don't undertake turbo replacement lightly, I found it to be a terribly difficult job. Thanks for the offer of vida by the way
1784 is offline   Reply With Quote