View Single Post
Old Dec 19th, 2018, 12:15   #58
roundyuk

Sorry to hear about the loss of your pride and joy dude, horrible feeling.

I would turn to perhaps social media and Twitter to push Volvo UK for a statement on the operation of VOC when it comes to theft of this type. If they design a system with keyless entry and know these types of theft occur; they should really design the system to mitigate or assist wherever possible.

That being said, if the vehicle was not turned off until it was inside a cage or similar or no cell signal it would have not been able to update its last location. Personally I think they car should have the option to ping it’s location every 15 mins to the server, that way if the owner wanted to turn it on they would have reasonably up to date location info.

What is really confusing is how they managed to keep the car running without the key nearby, I thought you couldn’t run it for very long without the key in the car? It must have been driven straight to a container or used for some other purpose and them abandoned. Unless these guys have access to the required equipment to code new keys up? Scary....

Another option might be a cheap 12v gsm tracker that you could wire someone random.
roundyuk is offline   Reply With Quote