View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2019, 17:53   #19
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerthechorister View Post
There is no resistor pack on my car - I have checked.

There were three of the relevant gadget on ebay - one untested currently in course of post to me. If that does not go I will buy one or both of those other two. And the current (oh, funnee pun) analysis appears to indicate that it is NOT an ECU and so will not need reprogramming when moved from car to car. And IDK who made the item but the system on the car is Motronic - it says so on a big sticker.

Now let us hope that when I put that bit in with a correct smear of thermal paste to aid heat dissipation, that stops the problem! GF is getting quite arsey about going places in that car and I refuse to drive my sport until some body damage is sorted (too ashamed). And my 960 is very poorly. And my other sport has a misfire we have been after for 6 years - there is a VERY long thread on here about it.

Before I had Volvos I might have had a hobby!
Motronic is a Bosch thing, came after L, LE, LH Jetronic. The LH2.2 and 2.4 systems are often referred to as Motronic but i can't remember what numbers are usually associated with those as "officially" they weren't Motronic although most of the Motronic systems that came after are almost identical and some even use the same component parts.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote