View Single Post
Old Jan 18th, 2020, 09:54   #8
Paul78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdy View Post
You are in a better position wishing that you had a sunroof, rather than regretting that you have a sunroof.
Notorious for letting in water through the sunroof drains at the base of the windscreen, as the poor design is difficult to access and resolve.
Volvo sat nav isn't supposed to be that great so can't comment, but probably better of with the Garmin.

Wheel nuts, ford items and not great quality, can swell and distort, or be easily distorted by ham fisted tyre fitters. Can't help you with what ones to recommend, but it would be better to upgrade them with a better quality replacement than changing them for the same again.

Rain sensing wipers and headlight wash part of winter pack. While the wipers are handy, they can have their funny moments and not come on when wanted, or come on fast speed when only light drizzle. Headlamp wash can also suffer from faulty washer pumps mounted behind wheel arch liner. Mine stopped working for several years, but in the past couple of months has decided to fix itself and now works again without so much as me even bothering to look at it.
Many thanks for all this

I also drive a Rover 420 Tourer (1996 N reg) which has a sun roof and I really like it. I wanted one in the right spec V50 but they seem few and far between, not many people seem to have opted for them.

Seen the wheel nuts I need, as guided by the owner’s manual, and will get some sorted.

As for rain sensing wipers, I’m not fussed about them missing, as I used to have an S Max with this feature, and they used to go off in dry weather when going under bridges or driving through tree shadows!

Sounds like I’m better without the headlight washers too!

I think all in all I’ve got the best options I could have hoped for.

Thanks again.
Paul78 is offline   Reply With Quote