View Single Post
Old Mar 26th, 2020, 16:54   #44
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammorack View Post
I do not have a noid light to check injectors. But I should get one if necessary?

I disconnected lead negative from battery. And tried to fire it. Same problem is still there. And 3k rpm problem.

I then disconnected 12+ to alternator and charging lead and fired it. No difference

The battery solution with another battery didn’t solve it. But I went through some fuses in the engine bay. I have no idea what this fuse is for. I just checked it. I do follow you guys especially instructions. But I traced down a blown fuse where the battery positive side is.

I found out that cable goes to nothing. It’s cut off behind the dashboard. There’s many cables cut right off. No idea why. Same behind the ashtray. Bunch of cables cut off and lies on top of the relays.
It looks like an aftermarket fuse for something, possibly an interrupter for the main fuel pump so you could be getting fuel starvation - just a wild guess on that though. Renew that fuse and see what happens, if anything.

As for the NOID light, yes, it would be a worthwhile investment. Fit it (to any injector, it's a batch-fire/full group system so all injectors fire at the same time) and start up, observe the light and bring the revs up slowly to 3000rpm and observe again. Now try to increase the revs while watching the NOID light.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: