Thread: XC60 Purchase
View Single Post
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 17:01   #10
MikeGMT
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryrev View Post
Thanks for the reply

Yes I had read a little about the EGR on the VEA engines, I didn't spot which engine it was until I got home last night. I'll wade through a few more pages to educate myself. I take it that it isn't a deal breaker?

If we do go for that one then I will be quizzing them on what work has been done, if any, and whether there is Volvo service history. I'll also make sure I know what they would do in the event of a problem after the 12 months warranty runs out.

They do offer an extended warranty, but you have to do it in conjunction with their finance scheme. Which at a minimum of 5K and nearly 8% APR, is rather expensive. I think I'd rather stick the money away in a rainy day fund.

I still have the (outdated) idea in my head that a Volvo is an old man's car (I even convinced my dad to buy a 244GLT when he retired). Now I've taken early retirement, what am I thinking of buying..... So I guess the AWD is pipe and slippers and the Ocean Race suggests I might still sail round the world....
I don't know the age of the vehicles involved but if it has had the EGR/Cooler done in the past year then it should be on whats called 'the final fix'. It would be a prudent move to quiz them on the history.

Yeah, I think the pipe and slippers and old mans car perception is well and truly buried. As far as I'm aware we didn't get the Ocean Race XC60 in the UK, I've certainly never seen one.
MikeGMT is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeGMT For This Useful Post: