View Single Post
Old Sep 16th, 2011, 17:53   #213
deathrider311271
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUTV70 View Post
I'm not sure you'd say they were "brand new" in the accepted sense..ie..it's my understanding (I may be wrong) that they are simply refurbed units.
Subsequently they are STILL badly designed parts and will fail eventually just as the original one's did.
I wouldn't accuse them of being "bullet proof".! (irrelevant of the sticker colour!)..but they should last a while I guess.?
I think the accepted BEST route is XeModex...they rebuild with solid state parts (I believe) that will NOT fail...BUT...they ain't cheap...in excess of £500.
The ETM comes from Canada (already "programmed" to your car because you supply them your VIN when you order it)..and when you get it you replace your old one with it and then send the old one back to them.. then they rebuild that unit ready for sale to someone down the line...That's how I believe it works at least.?

Neil
100% correct mate, altho depending on year of car there is the option to buy a good second hand unit.

I have gone this route with mine, had it on nearly 18 months now and still runs fine, some of them u do need a software upgrade about £40 i believe
deathrider311271 is offline   Reply With Quote