View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2020, 13:58   #13
Distendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSv40 View Post
Apart from the above I would remove the interior side trim in the boot and check everything is secure... It was the little flap that stands up and then closes the gap when the roof is open... The flap is spring loaded but the spring was weak.
My wife's C70 has the 'same' issue: sounds like the rear suspension is about to fall apart, but apparently all's fine with it (my local Volvo indie mechanic says his wife has one which is making the same noise...), so I too am suspecting there's something loose inside the car, somewhere behind the interior trim.

When I can I'll take a look (currently preoccupied with my '98 V70 cyl head job), but I'd appreciate any guidance as to how to remove the trim: is it just a matter of undoing every screw/fastener I can find that stops the trim coming off, or is there some sort of special sequence involved?

This seems to be a common fault, so contributions to identifying and resolving the problem would be great. Any more details on the flap/spring thing (such as id'ing the spring for replacement)?