View Single Post
Old Apr 10th, 2012, 01:45   #1
Andy the Aussie

Default My Amazon Estate Rescue Mission

Thought I'd share a bit of this with anyone who wants to read it....

So I'm Andy,

I'm an Aussie - I live here in London and I'm married to and have a little boy with my wife, who is from Sweden.

A year or so ago the Swedish influence must of taken hold and I had a huge desire to get an amazon estate - it never faded

So very recently I went and got one.... from Scotland....

I had been watching a car that was for sale up there for a while but it did not seem to sell, an estate in Scotland with no engine/box and in need of some love...

But it looked solid enough in some of the typical places that I had seen a lot worse on the other cars I had seen - especially in the engine bay....

So I was very tempted - but it was so far away and what would an engine/box cost to sort ????

Then low and behold another car came up for sale on eBay ........

It was a 122s 4 door that was running and driving and complete but sorn and rusty

It was time to go for it - I called the seller of the estate, and committed to it - In fact I sent him the money for the car, and threw some bids in on eBay and came through !

I'd just bought two rusty old amazons sight unseen..... I must be mad.

This news needed to be delivered home at just the right time.... In just the right way....

So I come home one day with a mates trailer - moving some other cars around at home and then pop out for the evening to Hampshire somewhere - home late.

Over breakfast the wife looks out the window of our flat and turns to me to calmly ask;

WTF is on the back of your car ???

So much for the right time/right way plan !

More to come.....
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Andy the Aussie For This Useful Post: