View Single Post
Old Aug 17th, 2013, 18:39   #127
ShadeTek
Premier Member

Exclamation

Today I replaced my rear box. I thought it was going to be a 1 hour job but it turned into a minor hell. I cut the old box off, I couldn't get the grinder behind it so had to hacksaw the final part off which took 10 minutes of uphill hacksawing. I then attached new box but it was hitting the heat shield above and to the side of the box. Shortened the pipe half an inch but now the lower box was hitting the shield. Took the shield off and battered it with a hammer to create a cavity in it. The heat shield's plastic fasteners both stripped and the other two were rusted away. Sorted all that out and made some packers for the final rear rubber mount to pull the exhaust away form the shield. Went for a spin and no rattling or banging. Coupled with two massive downpours it was an 'orrible 4 hour job. The box came from eBay for £90 in the worst packing I have ever seen. It was just a clear poly bag! It had a couple of dents in it but it works ok so far with no annoying resonant frequencies . The MOT is looming and the car will need a further once over....when my body recovers.

V70 SE NAV 1.6 D2 2015MY POWERSHIFT, D4162T, 93000miles, RED.
/VOL FCR/PEPER OBD2/Acron 9135 OBD2/L.E.D Flasher/VDASH/ANCEL BA301/Topdon Top Scan
ShadeTek is offline   Reply With Quote