View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 15:16   #1
Stunts

Default Two really annoying oversights/omissions on the S90

So I've had my S90 for a few months now. I love it now as much as I did when I first received it. However, in driving the car there are two things that annoy me a bit. Both safety related. The first is the fact that you never know when your headlights are on. Yes there's a stupid sidelight indicator on the dash (I think every Volvo I've ever owned had this - pretty much pointless as the sidelights are always on!). There is no indicator for dipped beam, so if it's raining a little during the day, I don't know if the lights are on. Often I have to switch them on manually, completely negating the auto headlight function. Annoying!

The other thing is with Autopilot assist. The system will nag you to input steering with an orange warning on the dash, followed up with a bong noise. However, when the system loses control and passes it to you, the only thing that happens is the green steering wheel turns grey. Not very attention grabbing.... Surely an orange flash of the steering wheel icon and a bong would be sensible?

Just myth tuppence worth. Anything annoying anyone else??
Stunts is offline   Reply With Quote