View Single Post
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 05:21   #4
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stunts View Post
So I've had my S90 for a few months now. I love it now as much as I did when I first received it. However, in driving the car there are two things that annoy me a bit. Both safety related. The first is the fact that you never know when your headlights are on. Yes there's a stupid sidelight indicator on the dash (I think every Volvo I've ever owned had this - pretty much pointless as the sidelights are always on!). There is no indicator for dipped beam, so if it's raining a little during the day, I don't know if the lights are on. Often I have to switch them on manually, completely negating the auto headlight function. Annoying!

The other thing is with Autopilot assist. The system will nag you to input steering with an orange warning on the dash, followed up with a bong noise. However, when the system loses control and passes it to you, the only thing that happens is the green steering wheel turns grey. Not very attention grabbing.... Surely an orange flash of the steering wheel icon and a bong would be sensible?

Just myth tuppence worth. Anything annoying anyone else??
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I agree that the pilot assist should have a warning alarm when it fails to pick up the white lines and drops out maybe three fast bongs.
I agree 100% but one bong will do thanks.
I often wonder whether the headlights are on with auto lights. My Qashqai certainly does have a dipped beam light in the dash but not sure about the Honda, because I just don’t use the feature very often at all with it. Can’t say i’ve noticed, so probably not.

There is no reason why I should know when the car is regenerating the DPF. What is important is that it does so reliably for at least 150,000 miles before any manual maintenance is required. I have four vehicles with DPF and none of them tell me when they regenerate. They are a Ford, Nissan, Honda and Volvo. The only vehicle I know of that does, apart from heavy goods and tractors is the Isuzu pickup and it tends to make the drivers paranoid.

Distance to refuelling is far more useful than quantity of fuel left in the tank or the fraction of total capacity, in my opinion.

Last edited by Quacker; Feb 14th, 2018 at 05:29.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quacker For This Useful Post: