View Single Post
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 18:52   #17
XCeed

You know, so many people out there get excited about Mercs and BMs but they're not all they're cracked up to be. Think ride quality of some BM models - abysmal. Think Merc build quality - even Merc afficiandos reckon it's left a lot to be desired over latter years. (A Merc driving friend reckons that his 1990s E is "the last decent car that Merc built").
An awful lot of people I know really dislike German cars for REAL reasons (not image) ie, seats too hard, ridiculously overpriced, useless in snow...etc. My police patrol car driving nephew reckons his plod friends much prefer their SKODA to the force BMWs!!
Me, I admire people with minds of their own - who can make their own judgements on what is right for them. To get sucked into the branding/imaging game so beloved of the manufacturers and the motoring press is for mindless sheep!
I happen to think my XC60 is right for me - comfortable, spacious, airy, economical, nimble, safe and solid on the road. Others may have different priorities - so be it!