View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2019, 10:55   #13
Graham T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obix View Post
No. They said it couldn't possibly need it at such a low mileage (now 190 miles) and seemed to be pointing the finger at the software. We'll see what happens but I'm far from confident that it won't happen again.
I’ve had an XC60 D4 since June 2018, the dealer’s demonstrator vehicle, from 2,000 miles. The amber warning light came on at 11,500 miles. Fixed ‘under warranty’. Google searches revealed that this is a common problem, some cars have had major fixes done, apparently. Catalytic converter? It seems it can be damaged by whatever this fault is. I didn’t ask any questions, thinking it had been properly fixed. So I was surprised to have it reoccur at 18,000 miles. Again, it was fixed ‘under warranty’. Unfortunately other events occurred at the time the car was in the garage, and I was unable to ask for the explanation I wanted. And now, at 19,600 miles, the light has illuminated again...

I’m very concerned that when the warranty runs out, I’ll be paying a bill for these fixes! I gather that there is talk of a group of owners suing Volvo. I’ll probably be joining that group very soon, since the D4 engine clearly isn’t fit for purpose.
Graham T is offline   Reply With Quote