View Single Post
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 16:41   #22
tessie

Hi Guys
Thanks all for taking the trouble to post.
Don't know if it is just me, but can't seem to see the attachments when I open up the link to the previous post - any thoughts? This looks like a very useful post, but can't quite make out some of the notes provided on the pictures when I enlarge the photos in the post - as is mentioned I think I would need to be able to open separate attachments.

From what I can make out in the photos, I can't really recognise the fixing arrangements for the oil separator shown (two bolts in the block?) as being the same as my car, which is the B230FK. To be honest I've had my head stuck right in from all angles and can't see a bolt on arrangement like this, but the comment by Stephend - "the bracket that holds the K-jet assembly has a bolt which secures both it and the oil separator to the block", makes some sense - I think I can see this. However, this raises a couple of questions:

- is there then only the one bolt securing the box ie the one also holding the KJ assembly?

- does that then mean that I have a different set up from that described by Lamyewchoy and that removal of the box can only be done as described by Stephend ie removal of the manifold and the KJ assembly or can it still be done without all of this?

Having said all of that, having cleaned out the wee breather tubes, I did the "suction test" with the oil filler cap which seems to have been successful (I could feel the cap being pulled back inwards), so I'm thinking that the box must be reasonably clear at the moment? - but nonetheless would wish to get the knowledge of how to remove it for future reference (presumeably it is good practice to remove it from time to time and either clean or replace before it gets totally bunged?).

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious in all of this!

Thanks again for the advice.
tessie is offline   Reply With Quote