View Single Post
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 20:56   #170
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Well, the Volvo is back on my driveway with ONE new engine mount.

I suppose to their credit they called me half way through the job this morning and said replacing the rear engine mount looks like a very complicated task which may necessitate dropping the subframe, and they wanted my permission to continue. They also stated the rear engine mount looked in far better shape than the (very obviously knackered) front mount.

At this point I figured discretion is the better part of valour when it comes to preserving my wallet, so I let them go ahead and change the front mount only.

Once the car was home I removed the oil filler cap and I can still here a slight popping, but it's significantly quieter than it was before replacement. Is this normal?

I haven't had a chance to take the car out yet (they did a collection and drop off) to see if it's smoother, but it can't have hurt to have replaced an non-functional engine mount, so I'm going to chalk this up as a win.

Shiny new front mount in situ.

Eventual bill = £213.

Once the kids go back to school and I regain control of how I spend my day Ii think I'll get it booked in with IVS to get things looked at properly.
A slight popping noise is normal.