Thread: Engine: 2.3 F/Inj B23E/B230F: - Quick how to on replacing Injectors in a CI-System
View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 13:17   #1
brens-s80
VOC Member

Post Quick how to on replacing Injectors in a CI-System

HI all,

With all Mike's great work in developing HOW-to's here's one for replacing the Injectors in the Mechanical CI System (K-Jet).

Time required: 30mins

Parts required:

1 * 10mm Socket head and long reach ratchet .
1 * 12mm open ended spanner
1 * 14mm open ended spanner

4 * Bosch injectors ( part 0 437 502 015)
4 * Small injector rings
4 * Plastic Cups
4 * Large Cup rings

( I got all the above injector parts from FCP Groton on Ebay )

Steps:

1. The Night before I sprayed a little Plus-Gas on each of the hold-down bolts ( see pic2) to ensure they were free.

2. Pre-assemble the small rubber rings onto the injectors and install the large rings onto the Cups as per Pic 1 ( I left the large ring off so you can see where it goes. ) .

3.Then install the injector into its Cup there should be a click as the injector's rubber ring fits into the receptacle in the Cup

4. Using the 10mm socket remove the bolt securing the plastic cup and you may have to use a flat-blade screwdriver to lever the cup out of its place.

5. Using the 12mm spanner on the injector and the 14mm spanner on the other section loosen and remove the injector.

6. Now install the new injector assembly to the feed pipe reverse of step 5.

7. Insert the injector cup assembly into the engine block and tighten down using the bolt removed in step 4

7. Check all bolts are tighten down properly.

8. Startup the car and check for any leaks.

After doing mine there was a noticeable change in the engine tone ,less hunting and there feels like there's more pull( but that could be all in my mind :- ) ).

Pic 3 is of the old injectors

hope this helps someone

regards

brendan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic1.JPG (223.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Pic2.JPG (202.7 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg Old-injectors.JPG (170.1 KB, 118 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brens-s80 For This Useful Post: