View Single Post
Old Oct 13th, 2018, 17:08   #2
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I will be biased here as I used to work tech support for OMVL

Looking at brands that have been around for a long enough time to comment on.

Rail - most of these are copies of the old Valtek injectors. Work fine but short life. Don't bother is my advice
Valtek type30 - traditional injectors are not great. Work fine but as above short life.
Valtek type 34 - much better injector, look to be reliable but are they worth the extra?
OMVL/Valtek type 32 - Decent flow reliable but I do see failures. Good value for money
Matrix - great injector but they suffer with a build up of heavy ends. Must be serviced every 6-12 months (cleaned) to ensure decent life span
Magic Jet - good flow- good price but have been suffering with reliability problems.
Hana - need to choose correct flowing injector. Nice flow mostly reliable but more failure than I would expect for the money
BRC - OK flow, very noisy fairly reliable but way over priced
Keihin- considered the very best for many years. Nice flow, fairly reliable but expensive
AEB - in most cases I would say these are the best injectors. A little expensive but not silly money. Great flow pattern very reliable and will cope with high power engines well.

My current recomendations are OMVL for cheap and works well or for high end AEB is where it is at.

But good injectors are only good with a good ECU controller
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote