View Single Post
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 00:58   #7
John_C
Allons-y!

Yes I understand that, but you said in your first post that you had a mechanical failure which was going to cost thousands to put right. I assumed the problem had been diagnosed and you'd been given a quote to have it fixed, is that not the case?

Do you know what sensor was replaced by the Volvo garage and have you been back to them to let them know the problem wasn't fixed?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm trying to help but there could be numerous reasons why a 4WD system may not work as expected and if you want Watchdog or similar to get involved you're going to need to know what is wrong and find other people with the same fault to prove it's a widespread problem.

If in a couple of cases it's sensor x and in another couple it's component y and in another couple it's something else they won't care, but if you can show that there are a significant number of cases where the same problem is happening with the same cause and Volvo won't admit there is an issue then you may be able to get them interested.

Cheers,
John
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John_C For This Useful Post: