View Single Post
Old Mar 6th, 2020, 22:54   #12871
clarkey1984
Premier Member

And she's back!

The steering is horrible, I think I may have miscounted my threads when I refitted the track rod end to do the boot so the tracking is out, the top mounts are clonking away, I guess that's what 18 months parked up does, I think the shocks on the front aren't great either, again for the same reason, it's just really bouncy.

The lazy fuel pump is even more lazy that it was before I parked it up in 2018, it's ok in 1st and second, but if I hit boost for any length of time in 3rd she pops and farts and the EML flashes, plus you get that lean sort of smell if that makes sense.

Provided it will fit I'll put the SE sender and pump in for now, I know it's lower spec than the proper T4 one but it's got to be better than one that's not working properly, and also the nankang tyres on the front are not good, they were ok on the SE as it basically doesn't really make any power, but this is squirming all over the road on them.

I'll be interchanging between the full set of 17s and the 2 16s I've kept from the SE over the next little while as I wish to blast and repaint the 17s, I'll uhp hydroblast 2 at a time ( the benefits of working for a blasting company) the nankangs will be ok on the back but the front needs either rainsport 3s, Toyo t1rs, or Goodyear's I reckon.

I also discovered that this car has a 2 inch exhaust system on it for some reason, I'm sure the T4 system is meant to be bigger than this, it's at least 2 and a half inch as it comes from the turbo, then once it joins the stainless system it drops down to 2 inch, that must be hampering performance as well, looks like a new system is on the cards once I can afford it.

But on the positive side, it's taxed MOTd and insured, most of the leather interior is in, the stereo is in (I've missed that JL audio sub in the boot) plus adding the catalytic converter appears to have made things a bit more torquey lower down the rev range, as before the new engine it only really used to wake up at around 3000 rpm, now if I put my foot down its ready to go at around 2500, plus I haven't got a crap idle or randomly stalling at junctions anymore either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200306_205107.jpg (222.0 KB, 7 views)