View Single Post
Old Mar 7th, 2020, 17:35   #12873
clarkey1984
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer49 View Post
OK ladies and gents: Car failed on Air bag light illumination and accelerated revs (3000rpm) high CO level (60), I also noted a fluctuating lambda figure 1.010 to 1.023.

I checked continuity from the SIPS (B post) and seat (underneath seat) airbag plugs back to the SRS plug. All OK. I tried to erase codes with the SRS module resting in the middle. I noticed the tick tick tick had gone from the red flashy light until I earthed out the STS module. I cleaned the mount bolt holes and refitted the unit. I then scanned the unit and 2 faults as per usual listed. I did a quick erase and hey presto they were gone! I did it 3 times and even sat in the passenger seat bouncing up and down, the light stayed OFF!

Now comes the tecky question about the emissions. I'm none to good on petrols

On "Live" data I see that the Oxygen sensor output voltage on Bank 1 Sender 1 is ranging from 0.260 - 1.275V where as Bank 1 Sensor 2 is a steady 1.275V. Is this the cause of my fluctuating CO and Lambda emissions?

Now I haven't cleaned the MAF. Would it be a contributory factor?

Any guidance helpful. I will repost this on the "Electrics" thread too.
What engine is yours? As I do have a known good MAF on the 52 reg 2.0 non turbo petrol which will be going to car heaven soon, which you're welcome to for the cost of postage.