View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 15:07   #1
WilBo

Default DPF blocked error but pressure readings fine in VIDA help i

Hi,

I recently had a problem with a blocked DPF, which I initially thought might be something else but turned out to be due to the EOLYS fluid running out stopping the car from regening itself. (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=287551)

I ultimately ended up getting a VIDA-DICE setup, filling the additive tank with PAT fluid and regenning it myself. I also used some Wurth DPF cleaner in there.

This worked fine for about another 3-4,000 miles, but I have recently had the issue come back. Engine management light, limp mode, etc.

Using VIDA I am getting the following error codes:
ECM-2A30 Particulate trap - blocked
ECM-2A40 Particulate trap - signal too high

However, for some reason I couldn't initiate a regen using VIDA (I followed all the instructions in VIDA) and a more detailed investigation seemed to show that the pressure readings coming form the sensor appear to be within the threshold, which seems strange.

I'm getting DPF pressure sensor readings of around:
1hPa at idle (793 rpm)
9hPa at 2000 rpm
20hPa at 2500 rpm
35hPa at 2900 rpm

(I'll post some pictures of the screen for anyone who is technically minded)

These seem to be within the appropriate range for a clear DPF and are close to the readings I got immediately after performing the previous regen.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

I'm suspecting perhaps a faulty pressure sensor or hose, but I did try swapping out the sensor before doing the last regen and got the same readings so swapped it back. Visual inspection of the pipes also seemed to be ok. (NB - the car has only done around 14,000 miles)

Also, can anyone tell me where I can find particulate filter soot mass in the parameters in VIDA?
(I can't find it anywhere)

Cheers,

Wil
WilBo is offline   Reply With Quote