View Single Post
Old Apr 23rd, 2019, 13:31   #1
Torshen

Default Sudden pinch from brakes during otherwise smooth slowdown

My XC90 (MY18) is going in for a service this week and I'll be mentioning this issue to the dealer to see if they can work out what it is, but thought I'd ask here first in case anybody else had experienced it and knew what it was or had any pointers.

What happens is that while I'm gradually slowing down or coming to a halt I'll be applying very gentle, smooth pressure to the brakes when suddenly there's a very noticeable point where it feels like the brakes have decided to clamp down much harder than my foot on the pedal and then almost immediately release again back to the 'normal' pressure. It lasts less than half a second and it doesn't happen every single time but maybe about a third of the time. Some days not at all, other days almost every time.

It's so sudden that it almost feels like hitting a bump or pothole but without any up/down motion.

I don't think it's any of the auto safety measures kicking in because I don't get any of the warning signs on the dash/HUD or any info in any of the displays to say they're kicking in, and I've experienced plenty of false positives from the auto collision warnings so I know what they look and feel like, and his isn't doing that at all.

Anybody else had this or know what it might be?
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote