View Single Post
Old Dec 12th, 2018, 16:16   #1
idiotgap

Default centre air vent slats dangling

Hi, I'm new to volvo after buying nothing but mercs since 2007.

I bought a 2013 XC90 SE Lux on 63k miles with full main dealer service history last week and very much enjoying it.

I have a few faults I'm looking to get sorted and I've booked the car in with a localish Volvo indy next week for an appraisal to make sure the car is as good as it looks.

Problems right now are:
- booster cushion centre row centre seat is dislocated
- rear ashtray doesn't locate
- there was only one key with the car which is annoying and the user manual is also missing, I found a pdf version online though.
- volvo fit brink towbar keys turn but don't prevent the bar from being removed (brink will refurb for £60)
- the seatbelt in the middle row, driver's side wouldn't lock in place. Some lithium grease into the mechanism seems to have dealt with it, but it's still a bit temperamental
- both middle row side seatbelt buckles are a bit chewed up, is this a common thing?
- both middle row doorcards are dented and marked
- centre driver/passenger airvent was broken, on driver side neither left/right or up/down slats were operable

The airvent problem is the one I'm querying right now.

I managed to remove all the slats and replace them in situ restoring the left/right operation by relocating the thin bar which goes behind the slats and links them. The up down motion provided by the slats you can see on the face of the vent however doesn't work. They hang loose because there is no thin bar behind to link them.

Is there a way of buying just the thin bar or has anyone had any success fabricating one? Presumably the original has gone down the vent into the pipework, is it possible to retrieve an item once it's gone down there?
idiotgap is offline   Reply With Quote