View Single Post
Old Mar 20th, 2019, 13:09   #10
kdst5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompip View Post
hi, when you say stuck with the 6-speed Aisin Warner TF80 (and 5 cylinder engines) is this a negative?
Some people will think it's a negative others not so. I have a V70 with the 6-speed Aisin and 5 cylinder engine. I specifically didn't want the newer 4 cylinder VEA engine because of the problems with it (see long running thread). Although this is meant to be solved now I don't think we will know long term for sure for a few more years. As I keep my cars quite a while I was not going to take any chances. I also do quite a lot of short trips which again is meant be more of a problem on the VEA engine.

So what am I missing? Well probably the a smoother 8-speed gearbox but the 6-speed is fine. I believe the VEA engine should also do more MPG although reading through the forums how much more I am not really sure, some people seem suggest it's no more economical. The 5 cylinder engine in 215BHP form is quite economical provided you drive it relatively gently, push it hard and it will guzzle fuel quite happily, although nothing like the T5 I had before!
kdst5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kdst5 For This Useful Post: