View Single Post
Old Mar 29th, 2019, 11:38   #2
AndrasL

"125k miles"
Seems to be low for that age. Just pay attention to the general interior state of the car, it should give you an idea about the actual mileage.

"it needed £800's worth of work which seems to be front wheel bearings and also shock absorbers amongst some other bits."
That is lucky; you'd have to change the shock absorbers yourself otherwise. Take a look at brake disks and pads. Additionally all the fluids will need to be changed (you can never know when it was changed last). I would also look under the car checking for rust and have the paint thickness checked.

"They are asking for £1500. "
Right after a 800 gbp service? Seems fishy.

"- DPF Filter, i mainly do short runs but with the odd long journey (100-300 miles once a month) should this have been changed by now? likely to cause problems?"
According to the manual, the car will notify you when the filter is close to full and will run it's automatic clean-up. What does short run mean for you?

"- Cam belt, not sure if it has had it changed but i take it should have been done by now"
It was not changed. Your car is right at the mark where that service is needed. I did it on my D3 engine, it cost me 270 gbp just for the labour cost; I asked them to replace the water pump too (just the belt and pulleys would have been much cheaper). I bought the parts from autodoc myself.

"I do about 12k miles a year which probably leans more towards a petrol, however the things attracting me to this car are the price which seems pretty good and also extra space/comfort would be good coming from a Peugeot 207. "
Well you can buy this car with petrol engine, if you prefere.

EDIT: the belt change was for my '11 D3 engine, it could be very different for you.
AndrasL is offline   Reply With Quote