Thread: V70: Body - leak at top of windscreen
View Single Post
Old Jan 5th, 2018, 15:26   #20
bobsy852

I've literally just had my windscreen replaced now partly because of this.

A few months ago I noticed the odd spot of water would drop onto the passenger side when driving around corners. Then as the car was stood for a day or two over Christmas I got back in the car to find a puddle on the passenger side footwell.

£420 to change the screen at Autoglass without insuance (I wasn't bothering with trying to put it on Volvo as I just assumed for a car from 2008 they wouldn't give me the time of day...).
Anyway, the glass had a number of stone chips in it, but had recently gained another which was borderline on the requirements for a screen replacement. I called the insurance company though and when the Autoglass guy arrived he measured it and confirmed it was enough to have it replaced. £75 instead!!

I've read elsewhere on the forum some speculation about the quality of work from such aftermarket windscreen fitters but apparently the new screen & bond is guaranteed for the life of the car so we'll see how we get on.

Hopefully no more raining in though!! I can take the towel down from across the top of the screen now! haha
bobsy852 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobsy852 For This Useful Post: