View Single Post
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 00:06   #36
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
Well just this morning, stuck behind a bumbling Range Rover at 30mph in a 60 zone, white van man with his nose in my boot, and then.......the opportunity to overtake! Range Rover? Pah! Gone in a flash! What white van man? Double Pah! A white dot in my rear view mirror in the blink of an eye. Unruffled, unflustered, me, the open road, 204 horses, an ocean of soft cream leather, Volvo stereo at an, erm, modest volume, Katherine Jenkins murmuring sweet nothings as only she can. Does it get any better than that? I rather think not!

Jack
You can't get that sort of feeling from a small car.

Had a similar one myself this afternoon, had been stuck behind the Ford version of the Seat Alhambra/VW Sharan on a road where it's only safe to do a certain speed (adverse camber changes, some nasty dips at the edges due to subsidence into dykes etc) and his speed was varying between 30 to about 55-60, about 5-10mph slower on the top of that range than it's safe to do on that road.

Also there are very few overtaking opportunites but he turned off onto the dual carriageway i was also going for.

He took the outside lane of the sip road and i could see he was going to get stuck behind a lorry unless he hoofed it more than he already was.

As such i took the inside lane of the slip and without even trying, went past him.

Got on the dual carriageway and had to move to the outside lane fairly quickly because of getting a bit close to a lorry and as i moved out, saw him give his Ford thing the beans.
I did the same, kicked down at 95 and disappeared, slowing to a speed below instant licence losing speeds but definitely a great feeling, especially when it feels so unhurried and quiet, just the whistle/crack through the exhaust as the engine is on song and even that, barely audible.

Plenty of cream leather, Prussian Blue carpet and door card inserts to contrast the creaminess of the seats, dash and door cards - lurvely!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: