Thread: Electrics: - XC70 2005 electrical issue
View Single Post
Old Sep 24th, 2023, 19:50   #1
JmXC70

Exclamation XC70 2005 electrical issue

Hi all, I am new to the forum and I am hoping someone here would be able to shed some light on a strange electrical issue I’m having a problem trying to get to the bottom of.

My 2005 xc70 has developed an electrical issue causing numerous problems, due to it being intermittent though it’s proving difficult to pinpoint.
I can be driving and it will appear saying ‘anti skid temporarily off’. This will seem to put the car/computers in some sort of strange state so the mirrors and window ( also possibly other things) won’t operate. When I turn the ignition off in this state and remove the key. Numerous dash lights will stay illuminated. The lcd displays will show ‘srs-airbag service urgent’ there will be a red warning triangle on dash along with airbag, brake failure, parking brake and oil red warning lights and also the abs amber light showing. The vehicle will also not lock. To get the lights to go off I have to reinsert the key and start the car, ( it will then sometimes remember if I had asked it to close the mirrors earlier and comply). When I now turn off and remove the key all lights normally go off as expected and car will lock.

Sometimes the fault will occur without even driving the car, I will simply unlock it and this will cause the dash lights to all illuminate without the key even inserted.

Any ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Josh
2005 XC70 D5 AWD SE lux
JmXC70 is offline   Reply With Quote