Thread: Engine 850: B5234TR/2.3/20v/T5R: - Loss in boost
View Single Post
Old Mar 1st, 2008, 04:28   #127
PNuT
MaDMaN

[QUOTE=bb54;378002]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNuT View Post
i would concentrate on investigating the recuirc valve if you havent done already..... lost boost that way is more or less undetectable & unhearable.....

hi, i recently changed a good recirc for a recirc with a massive split in the diaphram because i liked the chopping sound when the un recirculated air was trying to stop the compressor wheel.
there was no drop in boost pressure at all with the damaged recirc in place.
a split in the recirc to inlet manifold hose could bleed boost pressure off but id have thought this would happen consistantly rather than here and there.

meter of 4mm bore fuel line and 5 minutes work eliminates the possibility of this.

wayne
the split in yours would have been leaking boost directly into the inlet manifold, thats were its going too anyway so technically its not lost boost, just taking a different route

but how do you know the valve is seating properly after its lifted? or if the boost pressure is pushing the valve off its seat?

all the split in yours confirms is that the depression from the inlet isnt going to open it in the correct way

having suffered lost boost in the past & silcon sealing my blanking plate the boost loss disapeered..... the blanking plate already had two rubber seals on! which in theory should be enough to hold the pressure????

i personally dont believe the reciurc valves are that reliable especially on high milage motors....

Last edited by PNuT; Mar 1st, 2008 at 04:30.
PNuT is offline   Reply With Quote