Thread: S40: - T4 engine swap
View Single Post
Old Aug 31st, 2020, 00:25   #2
canis
Non Fragile

I've looked into this. I've got a decent chassis (1600 manual), and a rusty T4 (auto) which drives beautifully. I put a battery on it today, and after sitting for six months it started in under half a second of turning the key.

At the least, you'll need to change the engine wiring loom for the engine management, and although i've not actually checked, i'm fairly certain it'd be easier to change the ENTIRE loom than try to tease out the relevant wires. The path the wires take from engine to cabin is via an aperture behind the drivers side of the dashboard, through the wing right up in the corner where it takes a ninety degree turn - along with a ton of other wires to get tangled with. You're just not gonna be able to reach up and poke it through, it'll be a real ordeal.

This will mean removing most of the interior, including the dashboard. You might be able to get away with leaving some bits in place, the rear for example, maybe the doors.

It will be a very long job, I think, and it's why I've abandoned the idea completely. I wish you the very best of luck.
canis is offline   Reply With Quote