View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2019, 13:00   #2
Redskiies

The following things needs to be done to make her 100% back to life:
-Just noticed a couple of days back, that both of the woofers in the doors aren't working again...
-air con might need a regas, I prefer windows down driving, so I can hear the car, but I tried it once in the big heat, and it didn't do anything...
-she needs a new ball joint on the drivers side (a couple of months back I've hit a pothole @5mph (damn lewisham, also that's why we pay road tax?? and hence the 5th new tyre...) and got an ugly defect, the steering wheel jumped, and I tried to get the guys to do a wheel alignment on her, but they said first this needs to be done)
-the usual rust spot under the exhaust, it is not bad, but got caught on MOT
-refurb the wheels (deemed it the last step, as I am parking her on the road...)

Also a couple of weeks ago I had an unattended accident (read: someone scratched the car while I was at home relaxing on my dayoff... (pic included))
it'll mostly buff out, but the indicator needs a sanding/recoating, and the front bumper looks meh again)

A while back I was about to leave, and I've seen a kid wrestling with my headlight wiper, and his mom done nothing about it! (seriously wtf?) so I took them off, they're in the boot...

what I was planning to do with the car (but completely not necessary), if I would end up keeping her:
-put her on air ride (coilovers are nice on a/b roads, but doesn't suits the car)
-rebuild all 4 corners of the suspension (lower control arms, delta arms etc)

As you can see, she is a good car, with a few bits that needs attention, I have spent over £3k on her since I have her (and probably at least the same amount in petrol money)

she is not really economical in town, plus the coilovers make her a pain to drive over speedbumps (17mpg ish)
but on the motorway, and for long journeys she is lovely, and even the girlfriend approves her (a comfortable tank, that goes like a train? of course!) plus she is quite good on mpg if you let the cruise control take care of it (34mpg with a/b road mixed blasting and cruising over 400+miles)

now to business:

I am not expecting finished car money for her (waaay less instead), plus they're still not worth that much sadly, but mine has quite a few mods, that people are actually wanting for their car, but I don't want her to be broken.

I put the ad here first, as I really want someone to bring her back to life completely, and enjoy her at least during the weekends

the car is able to be viewed and test driven @catford, SE london, or anywhere in acceptable distance usually tues-wed-thurs anytime, but hit me up and we might be able to sort something out.

2keys, v5, 2 old fob shells included of course. 7keepers with me, previous 3 keepers were dad and son passing the car around between each other. service history up to 100k miles (2015) last serviced by me in 2018 sept.

So I would like to hear your best offers and questions, and if it is close to what I would want to hear, she is yours. Hit me up here, answer the thread, etc, hopefully I don't need to put her on ebay...

I am still looking for a car, and at the moment since I cannot park 2 here at the same time, it is kind of problematic, but if nothing else, the car will be moved to wembley until she's sold.

pics@ imgur link for mostly lossless pics
https://imgur.com/a/shbnr9p

edit:sorry for the dirty car pics, if i drive her again, i'll change my mind again :'D so i had to do it in a heartbeat...obvousily she will get cleaned before letting her go

Last edited by Redskiies; Jul 21st, 2019 at 15:39.
Redskiies is offline   Reply With Quote