View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2018, 22:06   #4
Forrest
VOC Member

I just replaced one this evening on one of my 940s. It has been broken since the cold weather in March. The cover came off remarkably easily by pushing forwards (towards the P) from the back (the 1 end) and lifting the back up first. Mine was made easier because there was a small crack in the plastic on the narrow piece in front of the shifter which made it possible to pull it further up than otherwise. Since this really doesn’t show when it’s all put together I’d be almost inclined to cut it there if it’s too much of a fiddle otherwise.

Things to note are that there is a little white piece in the blind strip that you have to transfer to the new one and the bit that holds this slides along a grove in the cover so that needs to be positioned carefully when you reinstall it.

The part number for the blind strip is 3549927 for anyone looking for one.

I have in the past repaired one by gluing it back together and reinforcing it with some thick clear plastic cut from a blister pack. Using clear plastic enables you to run it across the bit the light shines through. My repair has actually lasted longer than a new replacement on another car.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote