View Single Post
Old Jan 29th, 2020, 20:39   #9
Oak

Very interested in this. I had similar issues and a VIDA scan indicated an EGR signal low issue - possibly a stuck EGR. I too cleaned mine, cleaned the ETB right up. Easy to take off ( four bolts) and this cleaned up really nicely. This has helped the throttle response for sure.

I removed the throttle body and also the left hand solid plastic pipe that connects to the inlet. Cleaned both the pipe and through the EGR. It’s much cleaner than it was but the EGR wasn’t that bad to be honest. A lot of sticky tar but not a crazy amount.

Sadly I’m still getting EGR issues and it’s affecting performance. I don’t know if to have another go at cleaning as I didn’t forcibly move the “trumpet” valve inside the body. Just cleaned it all up. If this can’t be moved I still need to look at the stepper motor and see if this is failing to move the valve.

I really hoped my work work fix the issue, as it seems to in every case I’ve read/viewed. And as I said, mine wasn’t THAT bad.

So I’m kind of back to square one. Economy not quite good enough, performance often affected (especially when warm and with cruise set) so I’m desperate to try and resolve this!

Anyone else more ideas please?
Oak is offline   Reply With Quote