View Single Post
Old Jan 13th, 2020, 12:22   #1
mr tickle

Default Cutting out help required please

This one is a quite long and a bit tricky, help is required please.
V70 D5 2.4D 2009 163 BHP no flaps Auto.
The car started stalling recently on tick-over, it would always restart immediately and drives ok. It now stalls within 10 seconds of tick-over each time. Yesterday I changed the fuel filter and replaced with genuine volvo filter and it’s no different.
The interesting thing though is that the cartridge filter was crushed in the housing. When I first replaced the filter on buying the car I remember the filter also crushed this too was genuine volvo.
Either the filter is slightly too long by a few mm or the housing is too short by a few mm or the filter is the incorrect one. Last one I bought direct from FRF volvo using the reg number of the car.
A quick look online at 5 various makes of filter show the length of PN 31342922 being from 110.5 mm to 114mm?
Could my Issue be air getting into the fuel line somewhere due to this and low fuel pressure?

To complicate matters but possibly connected when you accelerate hard it goes into limp mode and requires switching off for 1 minute before limp mode is gone. It has always done this in the 2 years of ownership, driving gently no problems misfires or flatspots.

I will attempt to add pictures of my crushed filter and the screenshots from VIDA I took last week in my next post.
V70 D5 2009 - T5 convertible - V40 1.8 - 343GL - the one with the elastic band transmission!
mr tickle is offline   Reply With Quote