View Single Post
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 02:11   #20
Russki

Good news everyone! I changed that ignition coil and it made no difference to the LPG neither it was expected. I drove today to Bristol which is about half an hour drive and tried to push that "petrol" button to make the car run on LPG. First time I drove exactly one mile on LPG going 70mph before it start to lose power and I clicked it back to petrol. Second time I did 10 miles before it started to lose power again and yet again I switched it manually to petrol. When I approached m32 roundabout I switched it back to LPG and drove all 5 miles of m32 without any issues. After a quick drive in Bristol I went to Yate using LPG without any problems again. In Yate, where I work, I went to the car to check it out after 5 hours. It started on petrol but stalled when it decided that its time to go to LPG now. After another 4 hours I tried again and yet again it stalled. Then I drove on petrol to m32 again(about 10 miles) and clicked it to LPG. It did and I drove without any issues to Bristol and then back to Gloucester without ANY issues. When I stoped a car and waited for about 5 min I tried it again and again it went to LPG with slight drop in rpm for a second and then continue to idle on LPG.

After all this I think that the problem with my car is nothing to be connected with dreaded stepper motor issue (BIG thank you CNGBifuel for your VERY informative write up). I am thinking that all gunk that is inside of the evaporator unit becomes solid as the car is getting cold and then prevent diaphragms to do its job, but when the car worms up it becomes more flexible and it works as it expected. I will try to rebuild that evaporator unit as soon as the repair kit will be delivered.

WHERE I can buy a manometer in this country? It seems almost impossible to find one that will not cost a fortune....
Russki is offline   Reply With Quote