View Single Post
Old Oct 25th, 2015, 08:35   #112
BigAl5
xc90 Fanatic

Default Windows 10 not recognising Volvotech special CFE cable

Hi guys,

Has anyone else had any problems getting their pc to recognise their CFE updater USB cable. As you'll know the USB cable comes in two parts.

Part A: a fairly standard USB that connect one end to your PC's USB socket

Part B: This is s special Volvotech lead (with a red LED light) which at one end connects into the above USB lead and at the other you connect the CFE device.

There seems to be an issue with Part B as whenever I connect this lead the computers says it doesn't recognise it so it won't work properly. (See photo screenshot) I'm using Windows 10 but bob at Volvotech did say it should work fine with Windows 10. I've checked and all 4 of my pc's USB sockets function correctly.

Feeling very disappointed I can't get this up and running yet. I've contacted Bob and he's going to get back to me. The Volvotech customer service has been superb but I thought I'd just ask here in case any of you had a similar issue and found a solution. Many thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (131.4 KB, 69 views)
Cream Leather & Piano Black Interior Trim, Custom Built Active Bi-Xenon's with Halo Angel Eye DRL’s (and indicators), Custom Steering Wheel, LEGEND media system, Front & Rear Parking Cameras, RSE, Centre Console Fridge, Volvotech, and lots more!

BigAl5 is offline   Reply With Quote