View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 18:09   #1
dundonald

Default Loss of power while driving

I've got a 2005 XC90 Executive that I've owned for six months with no problems until now.

I was driving at about 50mph when the acceleration started jumping erratically, as if changing quickly between 3rd and 4th. Then the car stalled and I had to pull over rather dangerously. All the warning lights came on. The ignition re-started and I managed to drive home with the acceleration jumping furiously on the way up hills but remaining calm and normal on the flat and down hills.

I got home and called the AA who inspected it, checked the computer but found nothing wrong. It drove perfectly normally.

Two weeks later a similar thing happened again, this time on a motorway. Acceleration felt weird and bumpy so I slowed down and then suddenly it stalled and I had to pull over. This time it wouldn't re-start. I was towed to a service station, the battery was recharged and the car started straight away and drove with no problems.

The AA again found no faults. He suggested it could either be the fuel pump, or something to do with fuel pressure, or a computer problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?
dundonald is offline   Reply With Quote